Trois x Popsickle

I met Hendar, a.k.a. Popsickle, a year ago in Bandung. We were both freshmen in college under the same faculty and major. I can't recall the first time we met or the first time we introduced ourselves, but what I can remember is the moment I labelled him trios-worthy (a person with a great sense of style that I need to feature in this blog). We were getting ready to head out for dinner with a couple of friends. I was in my sweater, t-shirt and jeans, and so were my friends. Then I saw Hendar putting on a Frank Ocean-inspired bandana (the one he's wearing in the first 3 photos). I asked him, 'why are you wearing that?' He said, 'I have to wear something on my head, if it's not a cap or a hat, it's got to be something else, as long as I'm wearing one.' It was a conversation that he probably didn't remember, but for me, it was his fashion-statement. 

From then on, I kept telling him 'we have to do a photo shoot' a million times but we never actually set the time, theme and place, well.....until now. 




Tell me a bit about yourself.
Imma 19 years old childish mothaf***a *laughs*. Sometimes I do crazy stuff but I could be a gentlemen. I like hats. I like cartoons.

Describe your style in three words 
GOD DAMN THIS IS HARD....Hmm, street, street, street?

What's your favorite brand/designer?
I don't think I have one. I wear anything, from Giordano to Muji, Jordans to Vans, Starter Cap to New Era, as long as I feel comfortable and still look awesome HAHA!

What/who influence your style?
I think G.O.O.D. Music recording artists, like Yeezus, Pusha and Sean. They all can work a clean look and a street hip hop look. Also people like Pharrell Williams, Breezy, and all the guys from Odd Future.

Tell me about your love for caps. Starting from....how many caps do you own?
Shit, I got so many caps I couldn't even remember how many I have *laughs* Maybe around 40-50 caps. I started loving caps since 7th grade, when my brother bought his first cap. Before that, I always wear my school cap everyday to school. 

Any particular piece of clothing/attire from your wardrobe that has a story/memory?
I think the story of my life could be told by my caps. As I said previously, I've been collecting caps since 7th grade and I still keep every single of them. Each cap has a story, like the cap when I first started dating my girlfriend or the cap I wore for halloween or the cap I wore when I was a lil' kid.

Is music a big part of your life? How? 
YES IT IS! Music really changed me and brought out the real me. You can definitely say that music is my savior. When I'm sad or happy, I would turn up my music, sing-along or even dance to it! It's like my get away from the real world.

What was the most cherished moment from your childhood?
The most cherished moment from my childhood is being with my parents each and everyday. My parents passed away when I was a lil' kid. So I do miss them very much. And I'm tryna make them proud by going to college, graduate, get a job and build my own family. Love you and miss you, MOM and DAD.

Are you a good dancer?
Well.....I'm aight, you can say that Imma good dancer but I'm still learning. Tryna find the right dance style that I could be good at. - Shout out to Jabbawockeez! They were the first crew that inspired me to dance.

Would you rather fail on your major exam or miss Kanye West's concert?
This is the hardest question ever....but I would have to pick the exams and miss the concert *sobs*

What do you love the most about Bandung? 
I love the weather, 'cause you don't need air-con in your room. And, hmm, the food, I guess...It's a lot cheaper (than Jakarta) and there's a lot of good shit here. Plus, the traffic is better than Jakarta (no jams!!). And finally I love all of my friends here!

Where would you be 10 years from now?
I prolly be in Jakarta - although I really wanna go back to London, where I was born - either as an architect, a choreographer, or a rapper. Whatever my job is, I'm gonna make some money for my family. AMEEENN!

Do you live by any motto or philosophy?
'Live Inspired, Die Fulfilled' by JP Goldstein. No one is better than anyone else. Just be excellent at what you do, inspire the others around you and always live up to your own moment. 
---

Stalk him.


Click here for other Trois editorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment